Sunday, March 21, 2010

Napoli!

Ahh Napoli... wish I had a window in my office high enough for this view! Then I could see when/if the volcano was erupting so i could start driving away as quickly as possible!! Can you believe how high up the volcano some people live?!


On a drive to Ikea, I passed this makeshift trash dump by the side of the road... Anyone need a mattress?
As many of you know, I LOVE KARAOKE!! I love singing in general.... the car, the shower... 4:30 pm dance parties in my office.... Ernie and Carli had some of us over to their home for some Tex-Mex and karaoke excitement! I took the opportunity to sing a couple of serenades... Britney Spears songs can be serenades, right?

Carli serenaded, too!
There was some dancing that accompanied the singing... ;) Interpretive dance...
There aren't any Mexican restaurants in Naples, so we're all a bit homesick for carne asada, black beans, burritos and margaritas! (The Taco Bell at the Support Site does not count as Mexican food!) ;) Jane LOVES black beans...


One evening there was a free concert in downtown Naples in the beautiful Piazza Plebescito. A group of us went out for some dinner before heading to the concert. I love that the seafood restaurant menus were shaped like mussels!! Jason examined the menu...


I love English translations on signs, menus, etc...."Macaronies of the Sea" and "frozento the origin." But the my favorite part " We inform the customers to check the bill in order to avoid a disappointing inconveniences and, please, required before separated bills." Google translator at its best! How would checking the bill at the end (when it's time to pay) avoid "disappointing inconveniences?!"
Piazza Plebescito all lit up!

Jason, Luke and I enjoy the music - one of the girls in our group had gotten us some blinky light-up sunglasses! Hilarious!In foreign countries they frequently put English words on t-shirts that don't exactly make any sense... Scuba attack? Really? What could that possibly mean? But hey, it looks darn cool, right? STINGRAY ATTACK would make more sense - didn't a stingray kill Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Man?
At the end of the night, after the concertgoers had scattered.. Our summer intern is in the middle! Hopefully we showed him our jobs can be fun in our off time! :)
We stopped by the NATO base in Naples, thought I'd take a tourist picture! ;)

The view from my friend Jane's apartment! Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment