Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 2 - 29 Jan 2009 - It Begins...

Ventured out this morning to take the bus from the support site to the office. Was quite a nice drive, and had an opportunity to check out the local area and get my bearings. Met another few people at the office, and had lunch with my coworkers Jason, Joe & Chris. Surprisingly, the small food court downstairs in our building is quite tasty (and kind of expensive)! Later on, back at the support site I set up my new Italian telephone number and popped by the Commissary. I only brought one bag to keep me from buying too many items, but of course that didn’t stop me from purchasing 30+ lbs of food and drinks, then having to drag it back to the lodge. At least I got my exercise for the day!! ;-)

Now that I’ve had time to sit down, check and send email, I went to one of my favorite websites, www.hulu.com, which legally streams television shows as it shows short commercials during the programs. I click on a show, Fringe, that I’ve started watching and it tells me “We’re sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States.” I was none too pleased.

Tomorrow is “Mass Check-in”… nothing like feeling like a sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment